Thread: Cold Lake
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2018, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58thecat View Post
No I actually do a figure 8 pattern crossing through it a few times, many times I get my bigger fish 30 or so yards off the bait balls.

I should stop and jig and enjoy a sandwich but every time I start eating I end up putting it down to bring a fish in, sandwhich either ends up tasting like a lake trout or dries up and I get a sun naked piece of toast
Humm....seems like we both use a very similar tactic...I preform a very similar troll pattern and get the majority of the keepers just as we clear the bait ball about 20- 40 yards past and start the turn to go back through perpendicular to my last pass. I set my triggers about the top 10% of the bait ball for depth...we run a herring rig on one line and a 10" white storm kicking minnow on the other. I thread a length of momo through the body of the kicking minnow and out the tail to attach a stinger....seems to work very well. I totally embrace the "Bigger bait for bigger fish" theory. Been meaning to throw a full size mackeral on there sometime...just havent gotten around to it yet..