Thread: Slot limit
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2011, 10:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by parnavi View Post
As far as I can tell, the people who fish the most, and catch the most, follow the reg's the most closely.

I totally agree on that statement. No Doubt. would i like to see a slot limit? Yes i would and would i be willing to pay an extra 20 dollars per year to help out are fisheries? Yes in a heartbeat.

I bought 2 out off province license this year and it was pricey. and then tags on top off licencing fees.Albertas licencing fees are pretty reasonable if you ask me.

Are fishing resources here in are province need help.I would like a survey page to be included in are fishing regs that we could tear out and mail back ( every year )with are opinions and suggestions off slot limits.increasing fees,c and r.barbless,and many more questions and suggestions, ask away and let us fisherman/woman answer some . give us the right to be part off the over all decision. just my opinion.....later
Great ideas. A machine readable survey would be a good way to go.

I don't particularly like the idea of increasing fees. Maybe tax-refundable donations and a free decal for those that are willing. I can't stand the licensing cost in BC. It drives me nuts. I was stoked when I came to Alberta the first time and found the cost to be reasonable.

I can recall fishing on the NW coast with several hundred $$ worth of licenses and tags and realizing that I still wasn't legal.

Slot-limits are awesome.