View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 02:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt505 View Post
Are you suggesting putting regulations in place for all aboriginals, or just the metis and non-status aboriginals?

I have a friend who is status Indian and he's not happy about metis having any rights, I think it's common amongst Status Indians to feel this way. At the rate Justin is going, pretty soon the number of groups of hunters that have rights will outnumber the Canadians who don't have rights and nobody will be happy with the results.

Back to the topic at hand, I hope the officers involved get the support they deserve for doing their job. I can imagine they have a steep uphill cliff to negotiate here.
Of course he is not happy, very few if any of the "status" indigenous people are happy about the Metis or the Inuit getting any rights at all. The pie is only so big and if the Metis and the Inuit get any of it that most likely means they will get less. If the metis or Inuit get any then the "white" people get mad. The Metis are not in a good position with any group of people as well noted on this site. No one cares about the Inuit because none of you hunt up there so its an "out of site, out of mind" thing but it really is no different and effects the wildlife population the exact same except none of you are there. It does relate to the topic at hand as per the statements made here even if those statements are generalized and off topic.