View Single Post
Old 01-11-2017, 01:51 PM

I see we've got a new thread going here, so I'll post my response from my derail on the other thread here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tfng View Post
Are you not using wire as a support to hang the snare from? Your comment about being able to swing too freely has me wondering. I set them like a regular snare where it must travel uphill before it fires.
Yup, I use a support wire, with the cable angled uphill a bit. The Support wire prevents the snare from pivoting around like a door in the run.
I was more thinking the S-hook would allow the loop to swing too easily like a swingset in the run.

I was probably overthinking it, as I suppose it would probably not swing anymore than with the cable looped back on itself as I do now.
My normal snares have a whammy - that provides a lot of resistance to "swinging" as the cable passing through it cant twist. With the whammy, I can even angle the loop up hill if the run is up hill. The RAM snares hang wherever the cable wants to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder/FX View Post
FWIW,
I use cam locks with 385 BADs on RAM Power snares.
One other point on this... that extra hardware would probably require a heavier snare support wire. (or heavier than I currently use for Ram snares).