View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudslide View Post
And... Can you give us a report on how you like it? Any problems? I have been looking at it as well but it's over priced as far as I'm concerned. I was also looking at the discontinued 527c but it's hard to find and is still expensive. I want something I can use when I go out to the Coast and for down rigger fishing so a dual beam Transducer seems to be the way to go. I would like to hear what others have and their experience with them.

I would also like to hear whats available for software charts for Canada. It does not seem like there is much out there.
I picked up a 527 last year for my boat, brand new off of Ebay. I ended up getting it for roughly $200 less than anywhere else. I like it, the internal GPS sometimes has issues picking up a signal if I don't have the mount extended, but other than that its worked really well.

As for software charts, are you looking for the coast or inland lakes? Navionics offers some great charts for coastal waters but sadly the inland lakes are somewhat lacking (except for Ontario).