View Single Post
Old 11-10-2017, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Nope, just got off the horn Barnes reps say with the 139, it will open completely at 1300 and partially at lower velocities. The higher weights are for losses lead has, but with copper, the LRX retains 100% of the weight. The 139LRX was designed specifically for the 7mm Rem Mag. It has been tested for Deer, Moose, and Elk out to 1,000 yards. Either whether I go with the 7 or 300 rum, the extra barrel length of 27.5" will give me around 250-300 fps greater than the load data at 24".

calculating.... using Nosler load data, and 68 grains of r-22 complete burn @27.5". the velocity will then be 3540+. at 1000 yards it will be 1708 fps, or 400fps more than rated.

what I have learned in this exercise, the old ways of thinking do not apply anymore, with the new weight retention, heavy bullets are not needed, and speed really does kill. We need to re-examine how we reload....

I am leaning heavily toward the 7mm Rem Mag, because I'm used to it and the 300 RUM kick is probably a bit much for this lazy ass.
That's really incredible,first it was a 139 ttsx or tsx then it was the lrx and now we have to change the way we reload coming from a guy who calls himself lazy ass or do you mean slow donkey and 3540 fps with excellent accuracy on a cold bore shoot at 1000yrds with exact POI every time is a joke,big time.
Plus you had to call barnes to figure out what the bullet can or can't do and jacken it up to crunch the right numbers so you can talk yourself into this so you don't have to walk.