Thread: Worst trip ever
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 10:11 PM

Default Worst trip ever

Went fishing yesterday to Crawling Valley , north end. Drove down this township road which was just plowed and perfect. Towed my quad to make it on the ice, half way there on the quad the wind starts up.
Fished for 3-4 hours in a blizzard, barely made it back to the truck. Twp road is drifted to hell. I made it through 5 drifts, having to shovel through 3. Finally called the hutterites only 5 miles away at 9pm. He was in a 900 cat loader and it took him an hour to get through 2 miles of road to me. Drifts were 6-8' high. He cut me basically a tunnel through about 3 of the 2 dozen drifts each about 100 yards long.
I thought I was gonna have to sleep in the truck for a week. I wouldn't have even made it out on foot.
Then the highway was a sheet of ice. I had to do 60-80, and cars in the ditch left and right.
Fishing trip from hell. I can barely walk today. I shoveled about 100 yards of 1-2 foot deep drifts in total. Best part is I only caught a pike who got off and one walleye, lol. I had checked the weather, and I always prepare to spend a night or two, or dig and winch myself if stuck. I was doomed, I could have fished for 5 seconds then left and I wouldn’t have made it.
Moral of the story, be prepared, and let someone know where your going. If not for my phone and my Hutterite hero, I’d still be there.