View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBusa View Post
This might sound a little crass but I'm sure we'd prefer you leave your guns at home in Aberta than find an excuse to kill our critters.

As far as I know it's probably illegal to kill bears, wolves, or what have you to protect your dogs. Lived here all my life, done alot of backpacking. Your more likely to die from an avalanche or tumble down a ravine than face wolves preying on you. Wolf attacks on humans next to never. Bears are fast asleep. Relax in the pristine BC wilderness and enjoy the snow.

No disrespect intended, but I'm one of the few that has had a couple wolves make a run at my kids in the winter. Right around Christmas time actually. I managed to change the Black ones mind on the spot, and the gray ones mind the next morning as it was feasting on the Black one (All that you can't see of the black one is INSIDE the Gray one). We were only about 100yrds from the front step at the time.
Like the OP said, "Better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it"

My dog managed to intercept the Black one in the initial confrontation, although he had to hustle his butt to get there in time. It was within about 20ft of the kids when "Shadow" blocked her forward momentum.

RD