View Single Post
Old 02-01-2015, 03:40 PM

Ya I never would have guessed it would work that easily, yet when I headed out to the lake I didn't wrap my phone with wire yet, and planned on doing it there. Yet it worked by just holding the wire to the phone.
I've read twice that the length you strip is important. Either 6.25 or 12.5 cm. 6.5 cm is the width of the GoPro but I went across and back with a tight turn. 13 cm is the width of the iPad mini I use. Put the wire just above the bottom of the iPad (above) speakers, and near the top of the GoPro.
I put the GoPro tripod mount onto the bottom of a plastic tobacco can, put 2 small u-bolts on the sides of the can near the top, and filled the can with rocks. Used a small diameter rope to the u-bolts and drop it down.
Once down there I drop a lure in a hole 2-3 feet away and then twist the rope a bit and just lift the can off the bottom so it will spin slowly and drop it down and wait for the delay to let me know if the lure is visible. If not another small lift. Works pretty well.
I probably never would have tried it if not for your post jkind. Thanks for sharing.