View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:59 PM
sheephunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I can see why you would object to it, if you think that.
I don't see it that way.

For one thing, I give F&W more credit. At least around here they don't hand out tickets over trivial matters like a barb not pinched to their satisfaction.
At least around here they don't.

For another, so what if there isn't a lot of difference between the two mortality rate wise. Going barbless is so simple and easy, why fight it ?
Is it the possibility you might loose that big one ? That would be pretty shallow don't you agree.

I think we have far bigger battles to fight, like poaching and the perception, even among members of this site, that ethics mean nothing. So long as it's legal, they say, go for it.
Like the single fellow who shoots four or more big game animals in a year, just because he can legally do so.

Now that's something worth getting up in arms about.
I guess you are right keg, we should be up in arms about hunters hunting legally and not about laws that infringe on our personal freedoms for no reason.....ya, that makes sense

I'll fight it because I still believe in personal freedoms keg. As for COs not handing out tickets, it's a big world out there with many personality types. Sounds like you have some good ones up there. Other places they can't wait to write you a ticket.