View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 03:43 PM
Testing

Default Testing

Count me in as another person against testing. Waste of time and waste of money. It'll turn out the same as the boating license thing thats in place now...its sounds great and gives some people some peace of mind but...the test ends up being watered dow, something that a complete moron couldn't fail (too many people fail and there will be an uproar and gov't ain't gonna have that happen). Then people take there peice of paper and the gov't takes there money and things continue on exactly the way they were.

Cripes even a driving test is somewhat useless when you think about it in real terms...it ensures that for one day you know the road signs and one day you can get by on a fairly easy road test. It doesn't determine level of responsibility and ethics, maturity or whether you plan to keep up on skills and rules when the teacher isn't around. Is our real problem people not knowing the road signs or people just ignoring them and thinking they are above the rules of the road. Same question goes for fishing...are the majority of people breaking the rules out of ignorance or are they knowingly breaking them. The feel good and "trust in you fellow man" answer is ignorance...but from my experience that just ain't the case. IMO most people breaking the rules know they are and while they may not know the amount of the ticket they are subject to they know enough to cower when a CO comes along...that says something to me.

#1 issue for me...to create more waterways of which AB is sorely lacking! Lets build a wall around edmonchuk and fill'er up...problem(s) solved