View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 05:27 PM

There are some really smart people in this thread.

Concrete is a different beast and it’s properties have changed over the years. Everyone thinks it’s grey and gets hard and that’s about it to it. We can do so many things with concrete these days that we couldn’t do 20 years ago. Chemicals have really changed the concrete world. That being said it’s still delicate and has to be handled properly.

And sub base prep and engineering is important as well. It all comes together to create an awesome finished product but if short cuts are taken, the end products can be a heavy grey pos.

Working in Ft McMurray for a major supplier as a quality control representative I saw lots of awesome engineering of concrete. I also saw lots of abuse by contractors. I also saw screw ups by different suppliers over the years. I worked for one supplier that batched 260 metres of crap that had to be all hydrovaced up the same day.

Same for the geotechnical end. That is my schooling background originally. It’s just dirt. It’s easy...

Give your contractor a bit more time as he is probably busy but didn’t let them of the hook of at least having the chance to look at the issue, explain or repair it. The end product is tied to their name as well. It can be bad business. But don’t accept **** work either if that’s the issue.

PCFGA on Facebook