View Single Post
Old 12-18-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghglenn View Post
I admit that poachers can use all kinds of weapons to take animals. As a matter of fact I just received a private message that explained how easy it was to shoot a compound bow from a open truck door. I had never considered that. This summer/fall had an unusually high number of poaching incidents in and around Victoria B.C. residential neighborhoods with poachers utilizing cross bows. I just would not want to see that occuring in Alberta as a result of legalized cross bow hunting in the Bow Zones! Right now if you were pulled over in the bow zone and you were packing a cross bow there would be some questions asked. Once legalized I would be concerned that the temptation would be too great for some. Am I wrong in thinking that a cross bow could be a deadly poaching tool? They were the weapon of choice for poachers on Vancouver Island this fall. Please believe me that I am not trying to paint all cross bow users as criminals - just concerned that the apparatus might be used the wrong way. I support all ethical hunting and all ethical hunters regardless of their style of hunting.