Thread: Cold Lake
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2018, 11:06 AM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorne View Post
This is where Alberta gets the crappy end of the stick unfortunately....all you have to do is take a quick look at Google earth to see that it has by far the poorest selection of lakes in Canada, but yet has high pressure use. Put those together and you have a very unique situation that the rest of the country doesn't have. Meaning the powers at be have to devise unique and most times, not to favourable regulations to manage the balance in order to try and balance on a very very thin line....I by far don't have the answers, but I do get the difficulty of the situation. We here in Alberta kinda have to come to terms with the fact that we got delt a bad hand from mother nature on the recreational fishing, maybe to off set the other abundance of natural resources that have benefited us more then the rest of Canada.

Our fisheries will get better but we as anglers have to manage ourselves too.
Just because you can keep it doesn't mean you have to. enjoy the catch, the outing, the trip it's all part of the adventure.
Have fished with people in the past and it was a race, a competition, frustration and kept every bloody thing legally that they could....I asked why....they respond "cuz"....I mentioned how about a nice shore lunch and enjoy a fish...

Ref cold lake the lakers are slowly going deeper but I always fish at about 30-50 feet of water in and around the bait...the lakers will hit...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...