View Single Post
Old 09-26-2017, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by madball View Post
Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have wanted to use fixed blades but I'm having issues getting the POA/POI to match (or even resemble) my field points. I've tried muzzy trocars and slick tricks and it doesn't matter what I do, at 20 yards there's a 4-5" difference between the field points and broad heads. The bow was properly paper tuned at Jim Bows.

I'm confident its lack of experience thats causing the issue, but I've tried nock tuning, I've tried to match a blade to the cock vane as some have suggested, I've micro adjusted the **** out of my arrow rest and nothing brings the broad heads in with the field points. If anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears but I very much want to avoid having to adjust my rest between field point use and broadhead use each time because I shoot my bow every day and I hunt with it pretty much every weekend and a day or 2 during the week on the way to work.
I've had great luck with strikers, trocars and slick tricks, as far as hitting poi. Slick tricks are my go-to hunting head.

Thoughts: 1) are you spin testing your broad head/arrow combos prior to shooting? Given what you've done I would assume so, but it's always worth asking. They have to spin perfect.

2) when was the bow tuned/has the string stretched? Might be worth going back to jimbows and having them re-spec tune it, just to be sure/as a starting point.

3) Are you shooting the appropriate spined arrow? Sometimes a borderline weak spine can paper tune well but have poor broadhead flight. See this with guys who are obsessed with arrow speed, light arrows, it never works out well. Try going up on both spine and gpi.

4-5 inches at 20 yards shows a serious problem that needs to be corrected. Screwing on mechanicals is not the answer, in fact that's exactly how we hear about lost animals. FYI If I was a betting man, my money would be on #3 as the problem/solution.

Last edited by 3blade; 09-26-2017 at 06:26 PM.