View Single Post
Old 04-27-2010, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleM View Post
Conservation has everything to do with this thread.

I dont feel that giving away spots promotes conservation, it promotes another way to be lazy in this day and age.

Part of our sport requires one to be unsuccessful to actually call it fishing.
If we always went out and caught fish, it would be called catching not fishing.

Nobody disputes that helping out a newbie to the sport is a good idea. Its the posting on a WORLD WIDE WEB thats the bad idea. Why not ask for some help in the forum and if one feels the need to help, they may PM the person with the specifics.

Kyle, if you read my post above what are your comments?? Personally i agree with both sides of the argument.

keep the open free fishing forum, but make a restricted sub category for members with say 250 posts or above.. that way no trollers or guests can read posts from that section. that pretty much eliminates 98% of the problem people you are arguing against. And helps to protect the information to legit conservation aware members.

Perhaps you are one of the few... but I guarantee you have been told about some good spots from time to time whether the information was on here or not. perhaps you have even searched for those tips or locations.