View Single Post
Old 05-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Default Calgary Downtown Urban Fishing

First I'd like to start by saying how awesome this forum is. The passion of all the outdoors-men posting on here is a good reflection of the true Albertan spirit. Although I'm still very new, I look forward to being able to contribute to this community in the future.

I've recently just moved to Alberta from BC, and oh boy was I excited to find out that some of the best fisheries in the world happens here. The problem is I don't have a vehicle in Alberta so I'm looking for opportunities to fish here in the city.

Last week I picked up a nice ultra light spinning rod and some PM spinners.
I took my rod down to Prince's Island Park in Downtown as it was the closest water body to where I live. I casted from a couple of spots upstream and was not able to produce even a single bite; I lost a couple of spinners in the process too. I didn't mind getting skunked since spin fishing in a river is still relatively new to me. While searching the forum for more information, I found a couple of fishing reports on fishing in Downtown Calgary, but I was wondering if anyone on the form has more specific tips on fishing that section of the bow. Thank you and I look forward to your replies