View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustinjoels View Post
If he only wants to graze two cows on that quarter, it’s his perogative. He pays to have the lease and can graze as many cows as he wants. If he is grazing any cows, he can deny hunting access. However him and his friends/family also legally can’t hunt that quarter if they are denying access to others due to cattle being on the land.

No you can’t just go hunt it anyways because you feel there aren’t enough cows.

That’s not all true. When the grazing lease contract is written up the government gives the lease owner a carrying capacity the recommended amount to head for one month of grazing that’s how they figure it out. There is a special name for it but I can’t think of it right now. If the leases are overgrazed or under grazed it can be reported and I would be put on the leaseholders record ,after the lease contract is up the new one is written these things are reviewed the lease holder can lose his leases .Those livestock depending on the contract have to be off the lease at a certain time of the year I talk to some people and there’s our October 1 mine are November 1 any livestock on the lease after that the lease owner could get reported