View Single Post
Old 02-18-2017, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
двоюрідний брат, here is the deal with electronics, it tells you fish are there. If they are picky, like they were for us at pigeon last weekend, you may think the water is unproductive, and go trying to find a place where there are fish, when the truth is they were right under your hole, but just weren't buying what you were selling. двоюрідний брат, trust me, even the most inexpensive flasher is a game changer and makes fishing so much more enjoyable. It really does. Повір мені.
There have been good points made here on both sides of this debate re using or not using flashers. I believe you become a better fisher using instincts and intuition without a flasher but verifying your instincts with one also adds value.
I use one about 50% of the time I fish, using it either when I'm in deeper water or when I am fishing in cloudy water and cannot see the hook at the depth I'm fishing. I have on occasion used one to find out if the targeted species are in the area, verifying water depth, suspension depths, and reaction to the presentation. But then I have moved holes and left the flasher in the original hole now relying on past gained experience to close the deal. I purchased a Marcum LXI-5 a few years ago and could not be happier with the results. I bought this one because of the fantastic service I received from Marcum when my camera failed. They replaced it without question even though the warranty has officially expired about 3 weeks earlier. I gained a lot of respect for this brand because of the painless experience i had replacing a defective camera.
I could recommend this brand and model without reservation.
Cheers