View Single Post
Old 03-17-2024, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scopithorne View Post
Wolves in Alberta require a cites permit to be exported so you won't be able to take it back across the border and it takes time but typically an outfitter or taxidermist will do the work to get the permit and ship it to you
Things may be different now, but for some species like bears the hunter could take them back to the US without any permit as long as they had a hunting licence and they personally took the hide and skull with them across the border. If it had to be shipped to them things got more complicated and I believe a cites permit was needed. Bear bacculum or any claws not attatched to the hide couldn’t go across the border. I thought it was the same for wolves unless the US has some different import laws for them, but I could be wrong. Haven’t been involved in that sort of thing for a few years. Some outfitters may be able to boil and clean a wolf skull or provide the hunter with the equipment to do so. I would definitely shoot a wolf if you have a chance, it’s usually much more difficult to get a shot at a wolf than a moose.