View Single Post
Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coiloil37 View Post
I’ll give you a tip that will have you out fishing everyone your around. This goes for open water and through the ice and I learned it by using an underwater camera and watching what was going on. It makes such a significant difference you won’t believe me until you try it.

Put the hook in the mouth and feed it around then bring it out the minnows back so the head of the jig is sitting just inside the minnows mouth. The minnow must be straight and don’t mangle it. You want it to look natural with almost the entire hook hidden. Then as much as possible pull your line back toward the tail of the fish so the minnow is sitting horizontal. Drop it to the bottom and it will sit slightly head down/tail up but for the most part horizontal. If it’s suspended they’ll take it but I prefer to tap it on the bottom by lifting it up a hair and then dropping it.
When they bite, drop the rod tip and give them a second then set the hook. More often then not on camera they grab it but one or both ends of the minnow are sticking out of their mouth. If they don’t feel resistance they’ll suck it down within a second or so.
Could you explain , thanks .