View Single Post
Old 09-19-2017, 08:04 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokedstew View Post
Yesterday morning I had my first ever archery harvest. I headed out Saturday evening for the last few hours of shooting light hoping to find a new area for moose as everywhere I had scouted had bombed. I headed out of town to check on a tip from a buddy, I ended up taking the wrong road and pulled over to look at the map. As luck would have it there was a powerline across the road where I glassed up a cow and calf bedded. Off I went to check it out, I came in from a pipeline part way down and within a couple hundred yards bumped a different cow and yearling. Further along I found rubs and beds and fresh tracks everywhere, I bumped another cow in the dark on my way back to the truck. That night there was very little sleep as I lay waiting for morning. The next morning I walked into the start of the pipeline in the dark waiting for shooting light. As first light hit I was just getting to where I saw the first cow calf pair the night before when I heard a grunt, I quickly snuck into where I planned on setting up and started cow calling. Right away I could hear him start coming in I called a few more times back and forth. After a few minutes which felt like a lifetime he stepped out at 20yds and started to walk away from me. I drew back and gave a quick grunt as he stopped and turned slightly quartering away from me. I settled the pin and released, I could hear the arrow hit with a sound I keep hearing about online and he dropped a second later, got up and started to run I gave another cow call and he stopped and started to turn to look back just as he dropped and rolled legs up a couple kicks later he was done. He had made it less then 15 yds and I couldn't believe it had all happened so quick. I made a quick call to the wife to make her day as she loves moose and then the work started, what a chore dealing with a moose by yourself. The arrow went through the ribs took out both lungs and the heart. Needless to say it was an amazing day and I am truly hooked on archery hunting

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Congrats man next time need a hand give me a shout