View Single Post
Old 11-29-2011, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs View Post
A lot of fishery info cannot go public as it contains sensitive information such as which holes fish may live in, migration times for certain species, etc which make sport fisherman more succesful. This sturgeon research is pretty interesting, the way the data adds up indicates it may be a recovering population (lots of recruitment) which is really encouraging news. I do wonder if it will be used to justify bait bans in the near future, time will tell.
Im new to sturgeon fishing, but I already know a lot of holes they hang out in, in my area anyways. I know when they migrate up this way also. Knowing they are there doesnt make them any easier to catch. I did catch some very young fish this summer, so they are definitely reproducing in the Bow/SSR. I dont know how long it takes one to grow to a foot or so long, but Ive caught a couple that size and seen pictures of other ones as well. or maybe according to the researchers thinking, its just the same fish and he likes to travel a lot

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich