View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCLightning View Post
Granola crunchers? What could their dog possibly do that could ever in any way be interpreted as "aiding in the hunt"? There is no law that could currently be broken by them being out with a dog at any time. Right now the law is that if you are hunting - leave the dog behind. Reasonable unless there are some hard, fast, easily identifiable definitions of what constitutes aiding in the hunt and/or in control.
As stated about Granola crunchers, their dogs are up there and are not causing problems as far as I have ever understood. Most likely hunters dogs would be the same only better as they are often better trained from my personal experience. Also I grew up working on one of the larger sheep ranches in Southern Alberta and we didn't have dogs, but when someone brought a dog along it did not work because the sheep were not conditioned as mentioned by others. If you had a poll I am sure you would find most hunters would feel a dog would hinder and not help them with big game hunting except for cougars and bears.