View Single Post
Old 08-17-2018, 01:00 PM

Default Great Slave Lake 2019

Hi everyone,
I've read this forum for a while now, but never made a post.
Myself and a few other guys have made the Canada fishing trip the last seven years. We've always stuck to Ontario. We've hit Eagle Lake, Wabigoon, Nungesser, Lake of the Woods and Shoal lake. We've had some really solid trips, but we feel the fishing is far too hit and miss.

Doing some research, we came across GSL. We've seen the InFisherman and other shows showing off "the best day ever". However you never know if this best day ever is a single day or a week of fishing to fill a 30 minute segment.

We've always driven from Minneapolis (one of our group lives there) and it's simple that way, but certain things including overpopulation of anglers and lodge owners who care very little about fishing have put a damper on trips.

Pike fishing has been a disappointment mostly. Not many big fish, and the big fish we get are typically long and skinny. We won't miss the musky, we'd rather catch a big Pike any day. We do enjoy walleye fishing also, something I don't hear as much about at GSL. The lake trout is something we'd do, but mostly our trips revolve around pike and walleye.

SO really the questions are; is it worth the extra money? Is walleye fishing as good as it is for pike? What would a normal day look like in August for 4 very experienced anglers? Should we be looking somewhere else instead of GSL?

Happy Fishing