View Single Post
Old 05-19-2020, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skawtty View Post
Went there this morning, got there at 9am cold and windy , choppy as heck. Started picking off the walleyes as that is all we caught. kept a few 18 inchers for supper and threw the 20+ ones back back. Still believe the smaller ones taste better and the bigger ones let them make more smaller ones. Thanks David fir the jig and tail think i will buy some of these, they worked like a charm. Was hoping for some whites but walleys are perfect too. One of these weekends we will meet you guys out there and then go to monkey top for a bevy and some good eats.

Pleased to read you did well & had fun with the family, yup Monkey Top it is.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppa View Post
we were out Saturday night between 5-8 and had a good time near Sunbreaker. Lots of the usual stunted walleye, but the highlight was a pretty big burbot that we jigged up. Hit like a ton of bricks, and I was sure it had to be a pike, but then the whisker chin came to the surface. My first ever burb, so I was excited to get a pic with that. As always, we are fully CnR, so everything went back to grow! I want nothing more than to catch a 30" walleye on Sylvan one day....here's hoping.

Well done, share a few pic's next time, and a Burb those are a bit unexpected at this time of year.

D.

There's a local Sylvan Facebook site called "All Season Angling Sylvan Lake" ... I copied these guys pic of some nice Walleye taken in the Marina Bay area, nice to see they were released, too.

D.