View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlas View Post
So you're saying to keep flipping it so as to not cook it too long on one side? I'm not sure about how it was cut with the grain or not
yes if you cook the moisture outa wild meat it goes tuff dont use as hot of heat as u would wth beef or pork,test it a few times when it looks rt to yer likeing it should be tender and juicey, and umm (trying to explain wth out showing you ) if its cut wth the grain instead of across the grain it will always be tuff not sure why but thats what alota people do and end up wth tuff cutts instead of tender cuts look at how meat is cut at safeway its cut across the the grain not wth it . like a log if you cut it length ways (wth the grain)u get a board if u cross cut it u get a block (steak) do that make sence?? I have taken steaks off an animal as we were dressing it out ( no cooling no hanging it 10 days )& always tender, once my sister took a roast and cut it length ways (wth the grain) so the steaks were bigger and those were the tuffest piece of meat i ever had, and the next time she cross cut the roast made like steakettes same animal & real tender and soft

Last edited by u_cant_rope_the_wind; 01-09-2010 at 08:05 PM.