Thread: Travers Closure
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoFugger21 View Post
This is a question that has been asked numerous times in this thread, with myself included in asking it. It's a good question, and it's one that makes this regulation change very strange.... There hasn't been any data provided, in this thread or to people searching for it by asking around, that supports the closure of only the west arm. As was pointed out earlier in this thread by the people/organizations pushing for and supporting this closure, the closure is to protect the spawning walleye- pre, during, and post. And as you've noted, along with others in here, the west arm isn't the only spawning grounds in Travers... So if the reason for closure is to protect spawning walleye, why pin point only the west arm?? Unless there is some underlying motive, it baffles me to be honest.

Good post Chubm thanks for being an "investigative reporter" with all this! Much appreciated! Hopefully your digging will bring to light some answers to all questions surrounding this closure.
The problem is there are more spots in every lake that fish spawn..It is never in the creek mouth... That is the biggest reason I am against this reg change... I read that the tourney put huge pressure on this spot...So why does the walleye trail just put that as off limits...I still have no idea why anybody can keep a fish during a spawn... You are robbing from your future fishery... Should it be close??? I think if it is there so should the whole lake...But I still have not seen any facts that this is needed... So if someone has this info please fill me in....