View Single Post
Old 01-08-2011, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheephunter View Post
My dog has been taught not to bark and I much prefer an opportunity at unalarmed sheep. I definitely would not consider a barking dog spooking sheep as assisting the hunter; quite the opposite in fact but anyhow..... I guess we can sit here and pick fly crap out of the pepper all day long if we like or we can look at the big picture. I prefer the latter. With proper restriction placed on the use of pack dogs I see it as a win for hunters and quite likely grizzly bears. I appreciate the fact that you see it differently.
the alberta regulations state you are NOT allowed to harass or worry a big game animal (except permitted hunting)and i suspect it also applies to a protected species such as a grizzly bear.

how is your silent pack dog going to alert you to the bears presence? what is to stop your pack dog (anyone elses) from chasing a bear,squirrel,marten or a canada grey jay raiding your camp. your stating that having a pack dog with you willl save grizzly bears. i have not read anything that supports this. how?