Thread: Braided Lines
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2011, 03:58 PM
Banned

Not a problem chub, i believe you have more experience and know what you're doing. I will try your method, seems like birdsnestproof

However i have not experienced any problem with "my" way of spooling.

My head tells me it doesn't matter if you're taking line off the spool by winding it off, simply beacuse that's the way spool was filled at factory. I highly doubt that they wind it over the edge of spool.

To be perfectly honest, when i'm in rush all i do is put the fresh spool between my toes, keep it snug so it doesn't roll off on itself, and spool it on the reel. Works good but i have to be carefull first few casts.(go slow as your toes might start smoking )

Gustav- Yes braids have less memory than mono or fc, but they still have it, take a fresh pack of powerpro or suffix and compare it with slightly used line and you'll see. It also cuts skin a lot easier when fresh

My experience is based on 4-10lb braid lines, i rarely use anything stronger than that, mostly 8lb that's good enough for me and fish i catch. I don't do bait fishing, jigging and stickbaits is my cup of tea.