Thread: Shrimp
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2012, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitetail Junkie View Post
I know you dont want to give the lake away,but if you did mention the name of the lake i'm sure someone on here could tell you if it got winter killed bad.that or drop a fish camera into the water,and if there are no fish then theres a good bet its a dead lake.

I've fished alot of lakes for various species of fish that have had thousands of shrimp come out the hole and there was always ok fishing there.I've noticed that the shrimp change the color of the fishes flesh.

on another note I always believed that catching fish in polluted shrimp filled lakes is tough because the fish have full bellies from the shrimp,so they dont bite as often!...... thats just my hypothesis,not sure if its true?
Unnamed lake with no tracks going into it this winter. Had a camera and didnt see anything on it. gave it a quick but honest effort. Tried 15-20 spots with no bites.

I remember reading a old Fred Noddin article in AO about bushwacking into remote brook trout lakes. With him saying something along the lines of the first hole drilled is the most important, because if its full of backswimmers there would be no fish in it. Wanted to see if others had the same expereince with shrimp.