View Single Post
Old 01-14-2018, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugEye View Post
I can’t remember if I saw this on Alberta outdoorsman. But they were talking about the campaigns that the anti-hunters we’re doing. Media bashing and other . Why is it that we do not see the hunter groups with counter campaigns that are aggressive Showing the importance of healthy clean natural meat. It would go a long ways for helping our cause.
I agree about the media bashing part but I don't think there is much we can do to change eating habits .Nor do I think internal disagreement between hunting groups is the issue. As I'm probably in enough doo around here for what I have already said, I'll go another step and say what I really think.

1: The hunting community is it's own worst enemy and is killing itself more each and every day. Death by 1000 cuts, so to speak

2: Social media is their most effective weapon. Prior to social media the anti hunting community (a minor irritation) had to dig a lot harder to find the ammo. Now, they get it by the screenfull every day - directly from us. Gad, some of that stuff even nauseates many in our own ranks. Can't say I blame some of "them" for getting cranky about it. Posting ones "accomplishments" or ego related subject matter, be it by photos or video on any publicly accessible media is fueling the anti fire. If the fire is getting too hot, quit throwing logs on it. Chances are it will cool down. Nobody but those close to you really gives a s--- anyway.

3: There are many non-hunters out there who are just barely sitting this side of the hunting/positive, neutral, and Hunting /negative lines. If they see much more of this self-centered crap via open social media, they sure won't be hitting the "like" button and will soon be on the negative side. If we don't change our ways dramatically, and quickly, I truly believe the antis will change them for us - for the duration.
4: Hunting groups or individuals will gain a lot more mileage with the general public by posting the number of bird boxes they built as opposed to the number of animals they "killed". That's just the way it is these days.

That's my take, good, bad or in between.