View Single Post
Old 02-12-2019, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by score View Post
So this is a decent package then? I want to get him a good set up but I also don't think he needs a super duper top of the line bow yet either. I thought we'd go mid range for now. When we looked through Cabelas, I thought we could get a pretty good one for 700 bucks, give or take, less arrows and release. Your logic here sounds right.
Diamond is owned by Bowtech and they are a good bow. Similar to Mission which is owned by Mathews. My brother started on a Diamond and it was great for him. He upgraded after about 4 years when he knew he would be bow hunting long term. The biggest concern with these entry level bows is usually the rest and on this package it has already been upgraded to good drop away. The 4 pin sight should be sufficient as well as the stabilizer and quiver. And if you check the ad I believe a brand new release is included.

Gold Tip standard hunter arrows are hard to beat and there is no need to upgrade to XT or Pro's for hunting situations. They should run you about $160 for a dozen fletched and with field points. Get a dozen... 6 might not last very long.

And to be clear I have no idea who the seller is in the link I posted, just that you might want to consider a packages such as it.