View Single Post
Old 02-08-2015, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium79 View Post
Lol. There has been no actual management in Alberta in a very long time. I will slow it down for you. Age means nothing. If it was put on full curl or not. Legal is legal. 90% of the people would shoot it because it is legal. Changing it to full curl rule will only take away 85% of the rams as they will never make full curl. This is to manage hunters not sheep. The other major problem is there is going to be a lot of short rams being shot. The only reason I respond to you is because you are just like speckle55. You can't look past your own nose because if you did you would see there is no actual info to make SRD make changes and do what they do to our herds.
No actual management in Alberta in a very long time, yah ok. Why don't you give us your idea of what sheep management should be in the province. Perhaps we should just have no horn restriction in place at all. I'm sure their was lots of whiners around when they changed the curl restriction from 3/4 curl to 4/5 years ago as well. As for your idea that 85% of rams will never reach full curl I would love to see where you come up with that number. Let me guess, thin air. Short rams being shot, there is already short rams being shot under 4/5 curl. What's going to change that or why would it be any different under a full curl restriction. We need stiffer penalties and better education to change that. The issue is with the post harvest numbers of rams being below the management plans goal, I feel like a broken record here, and the implications of that. They have all kinds of info that points to that. How do you propose we get those numbers up to that level or do you feel it really isn't important? Let's just carry on with the status quo and continue to "not mange our resource like these been doing for years". How does draw sound to you? Perhaps they can manage it that way. It's another option to reach the management goal. Not one I want to see. There are some out there that would like nothing better though and that is the next logical step I see coming if this proposal is a wash and we stick with 4/5 curl. Time will tell I guess.