View Single Post
Old 02-01-2009, 03:15 PM

I got on the lake from the north west corner. I think it is called Jubillee landing or something. The lake is very packed down there and cars can drive on. I went around the whole lake and found this was the only spot to get on. It was very frustrating and took me about an hour of driving just to find the access in the last spot. The lake is very deep. I turned right when I got on the ice and drove about 500 yards to the west and the bank on the edge of the lake looks steeper. I drilled holes 15 yards out to about 35 yards from shore and it dropped deep fast. I fished from 10ft of water to 35 feet and caught fish every depth. The best seemed to work with a jig head (black) with a minnow. I had quick strike rigs with trebles and had 5-6 inch anchovies but the pike are small and had a lot of hits without any hooking because the bait was bigger. I would just set up some tip ups and have the kids chase them around. It seems like this lake is overrun with pike like some of the perch lakes around and the fish don't grow to any decent size from what I saw. I know of one guy that did catch an 18 pounder a year or 2 ago and another friend of mine has fished there lots and says it is hard to catch alegal sized fish but it is perfect for the kids or if you just want a lot of action. Hope that helps guys and have fun.
Anybody catch any legal fish there much before or are they mostly small like I have found?