View Single Post
Old 02-05-2010, 11:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7MM Mike View Post

SG, I dont know if you actually read the first link from walking buffalo, but the base comparisons were made between 4 WMU's south of the bow, and 4 WMU's north. This is an actual study with real data, and is probably a very good indicator of reality - not just opinion.

Mike
Yes i read it. And from what I read it states 4 from each but only really talks about 3 from the north. 2 mine site herds and the ram mountain herd. This is a very very small portion of the area north of the Bow. To make an assumption that this is the average for the whole area would be false!
Your leaving out alot of areas that have and still produce many rams that at 5 1/2 years old have over 15 4/8 inch bases. Between my Dad and I we have 3 rams and the average base size is 15 7/8". Places like the whiterabbit have some heavy based sheep also. These studies that many guys figure are so accurate arent due to the fact that if your gunna come up with actual averages for the north and south you need to have measurments from all zones in these areas!!

SG