View Single Post
Old 04-11-2009, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishincrazy View Post
Chris K, Thanks for the info. That is very interesting. I am a firm believer in luck and as you said hopefully some of it will rub off on us. From your previos threads it sounds like you fish tournaments. Is it a weekend thing for you? Or do you do it full time? How long have you been doing that and do you make any money at it or is it for fun? I have often thought about trying one or two out for fun. Any comments?
I fish from 10 to 12 tournaments a year, mostly in Alberta and Saskatchewan, but sometimes in the states or other provinces to the east as well. I have fished some Professional Walleye Trail and FLW events in the past, and depending on my schedule and when tournaments are I will continue to do so in the future. I have been fishing tournaments since 1999 and I have a few sponsors that I work with as well. I don't do this to make money, as it's pretty much impossible to do, I just enjoy it and do it for fun. Don't get me wrong, I like to win, but I like the competition and the comraderie of it as well and I am always learning about my favourite fish, the walleye. I do some writing and sell some photographs, and attend a bunch of boat shows in the winter helping dealers sell boats. As well I also put on an Angler Young Angler Fishing Tournament on Beaver Lake out of Lac La Biche. It's an event that consists of a one day mini walleye tournament with one adult and two kids 17 and under, and for 2009 there are 29 of these events across Canada and the United States. If you want to fish a tournament or two, I encourage you to try it out. In Alberta there are some good events and new boats are always welcome, but some events fill up really fast and you need to get an entry form and send it in the day after they are put out. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask. Chris K