View Single Post
Old 12-09-2017, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nyksta View Post
There will be no difference in trajectory in 7mm-08 and 308. 140 gr 7mm-08 have the same sectional density and ballistic coefficient and muzzle velocities as 165 gr in 308. The only thing you are going to change is your recoil, which depending on your recoil pad choices may not even be a noticable difference.

If you went with a 130 gr 7mm-08 it would be exact same performance as 150 gr 308 win.

Do what you want, but dont believe that 7mm-08 has any better trajectory than 308. They are the same cartridge capacities, both pushing very close sized bullets.

270 win is going to be a faster flatter shooting cartridge than 308.
My blr won’t handle max reloads so and I may be wrong, but won’t reloading for a bolt action 7mm .08 be a better performer than my current loads for the .308? I don’t have a chronometer so I can’t tell you my current loads performance but if I recall correctly it’s 180 grain Nosler ballistic silver tips with 43 grains of imr powder. Not home right now so don’t remember the specific powder. Average loads I know cause max stripped a gear in it years ago ( another story)