View Single Post
Old 07-20-2018, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistagin View Post
I used to use a pair that were mid-calf length. They were great for sneaking around quietly when I was spot and stalk bow hunting with my recurve bow; could feel everything underfoot (that has both pros and cons!). It was hard to keep the bottoms completely waterproof as they got lots of wear and tear in the bush. They lasted about 3 seasons' by then they were just about worn through in a couple of spots. I suppose I could have put another layer of tougher hide on the sole. They weren't so good in snow - not much grip! But they were actually warmer than I thought they would be.
You can get ground up recycled tires (crumbs) in Edmonton, tire recycling shop in west end. Mix tire crumbs with contact cement and put on the sole of your mocs. Let dry. If it wears off, just put more on. I have been using this on my Arrow Bush Boots for years, no issues in the bush. Provides traction on wet surfaces too.
MakwaMocassins on Etsy makes great, inexpensive mocs. He is out of Sudbury. Great guy!

"She took all my money, she wrecked my new car, now she's with one of my good time buddies, and they're drinkin' in some cross town bar"!