View Single Post
Old 09-17-2015, 10:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
Truthfully they aren't too handy to carry and bush hunting I wouldn't bother but Hunting off a stand would work fine. I'm thinking of them mostly for gun ranges, we need to do everything we can to make ranges more friendly for the neighbours.
Have you used one in the bush?
I've got friends who are professional deer stalkers and they often hunt in bush so thick they are shooting the deer at less than 10m. They ALL use suppressors. All the time. Because it's their job. They are carrying them for miles across all terrain. Oh and to be a deer hunter in Europe you have to pass practical exams to show your stalking skills.
My 308 with 16" barrel with the suppressor was less in length than a 20" barrel non suppressed rifle. The sako fin light is a perfect example. They do the threaded 16" version for the European market.

And for the criminal use issue. If criminals want to use them they could easily do so today. Just like they get their guns illegally.
And suppressors in Europe are actually pretty cheap. The USA they are expensive because of the $200 tax. So the market caters for the very high end as the mentality is I'm not going to waste a $200 on a $100 suppressor. But $200 on a $800 one is ok. Twisted logic I know but a friend manufactures them and that's exactly the reasoning they use for their prices and products.

Rimfire ones in Europe can be less than $50. And a good centre fire one $200 or so.