View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burbotman View Post
What is stupid is having to pull the plug on my 10' Jon boat transported upside down...... I questioned fish and wildlife at the sportsman show in Calgary and they stated I would be ticketed if I did not have it out. I guess good info as I hadn't pulled the plug before when transporting it upside down on my truck rack. No room for descretion or common sense in the application of this law. (For the record I do not disagree with their efforts)
Yeah this is the kind of stuff that I think is absolutely stupid. Just like how one stop I was at commented that I should have the drain plug out on my kayak and that they could ticket me... I told them it wasn't a proper drain plug(doesn't drain water unless you hold kayak vertically) and that it was plastic and I wouldn't be removing it all the time risking stripping the threads and losing it.

I looked up the law when I got home and it specifically references drain plugs in the lower hull or bilge. My "drain plug" is above the waterline so I won't be removing it unless the law changes...

I completely agree with the check stops and trying to stop/slow down invasive species but I disagree in how they are doing it with regards to this drain plug law.