View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenmore View Post
I get down on myself every year also....just remember...it can all turn around in 1 second. The lowest of lows to the highest of highs. Thats what keep us heading back out time after time. Keep your chin up fella...put your time in and it will happen when it is meant to be!!
I'm not so much down on myself, I'm just a bit frustrated. I know all too well that it really only takes a second for things to turn around. The most frustrating part now, is that I have to spend the next two weeks up at work thinking about the last week of November. Hoping that nobody else connects with the bull, or chases him out of the area. I have hunted hard like this before, and come up skunked on my draw tags. It hurts!!

Also, this forum is killing me, all I see are threads about people getting their first moose. Guys talking about how they just went for a walk and there he was! I'm Just wondering how hard I have to hunt to get as lucky as some of these other guys. The moose are in my area, i know they are!! I have yet to get the opportunity to shoot though. And that's wearing me thin! I know it's called hunting for a reason. And it will be so much more rewarding to get one after putting in the hard work.

I'm primarily a whitetail hunter. Guaranteed tags every year are nice. You can tend to pattern whitetails quite easy throughout the year as well. Moose however, I am learning to be very difficult to pattern. One day I'll go through the property and see zero tracks. Next day, they're all over the place. It's a big property and I've seen moose throughout the whole area. So I have troubles just sitting and waiting in one spot. The cool weather doesn't help, as I don't have a blind to shield me from the elements. So I need to move around a bit to stay warmer. I think that has helped me see more game, but also has me jumping them, which makes for a loss of a shot opportunity.

Anyways.... I'll keep at it, with full intention of wrapping that tag around the hind leg of a nice big(or even a little) bull moose this year. I'm not one to give up too easy when it comes to hunting!! Good luck to the rest of you guys who are also busting your butts to try and make it happen! Congrats to all who have been successful!! Send some of your luck my way. I'd rather be lucky than good, if it means a moose on the ground, and meat in my freezer.