Thread: 99% Let off Bow
View Single Post
Old 01-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Gone Hunting

Not being in the know Chet on this club's policies, Im going to assume that your previously stated 80% is max now. What is this talk of 99% being backed by P&Y? I agree that 15% might not seem like alot of difference, but as bow hunters we know that to be a fair bit. So now with 99% on its way, and being that it is only another just over 15% more let off, is it a very big deal? I think so. How long till this 99% let off is tamed down and very shootable? I understand why P&Y raised the maximum let off... If they didnt, technology and nearly all bow hunters, sans trad guys, were about to leave P&Y in the dust. Conform or slip into obscurity, history. Quite unfortunate, but understandable if the club is to see a future. So at what point does a club or organization lose justification. If thier book is going to be watered down with trophies that can in no way compare to actual archery taken big game (bows, versus unrealistically high let offs and crossbows) , why would any future archer want to have inclusion with his or her harvests? Has P&Y acknowleged this very fast paced demise of what would be considered conventional archery and where the club stands on principal?

It's just Alberta boys... Take what you can while you can,, if ya cant beat em join em.

Keep a strain on er