Thread: gold panning
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceba View Post
Cattle Dog the exact origin of this rock I have yet to read up on. It was originally owned by a man named Jack Fisher who came to Canada in the late 1800's. My father met him in the mountains in S.E. BC in the late 40's early 50's. My father worked as a Geoligist scouring the southern half of BC. He met Jack way back some where in mountians and shared many a camp together during the following years. Old Jack had one son ( his only living relative ) who had come with Jack to Canada. Jack's son was killed in a shaft accident in the early 40's. All Jacks worldly keeps were left to my father. A Sterling Silver tea pot, 2 cups and a serving tray. Along with several samples of the gold he had aquired plus the most valuable collection Old Jack packed everywhere he went, his daily diaries. Jack had kept a daily diary from the day he set foot in Canada until the day he died. There are faded pages and worn out bindings but it still facinates me to turn the pages and step into his boots for even a couple minutes a week.
That diary needs to be scanned and copied, even shared with the public some day (with a bit of editing, I imagine) .....