Thread: KKK and Us
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
I think I've said all I that have to say to you right now.
Excellent!

I will give you a tip. If you type (quote) insert text here (/quote) you can make your responses a bit nicer to read. Replace the ( with [ and ) with ].

For example:

Quote:
I don't know of any non-whites working in the patch or in Oil and Gas period.
Then you must not be involved in the industry. I can't count the amount of Aboriginals & immigrants (whites & non-whites using your terminology - I don't describe people by skin color) I have worked with in my time in the industry.

Quote:
I know quite a few non-whites that are doing well in other sectors.
Hmmm... could it be the nepotism that the oil and gas industry is so famous for?
Nepotism. I have been seeing that word a lot on here lately. Did an AO search of the word "Nepotism". You need to expand your vocabulary Pesky, you over use it.

I am curious however if there has been any research done in regards to the Nepotism of the Oil & Gas Industry? Any papers published comparing its level of nepotism to that of other industries in Alberta? Or is it's nepotism famous just to you?

Quote:
And who are these new temporary Albertans?
Great question I am glad you asked instead of putting words in my mouth.
My definition of a "new temporary Albertan" is somebody that lives, works and hunts here and will not define themselves as an Albertan.

Quote:
Otherwise I don't know what you are talking about... my kin have been in Alberta I'd wager much longer than yours.
I didn't know we were comparing what was in our pants, but you probably win. Most of my family were dust farmers in Saskatchewan.

Quote:
I never claimed to have evidence but rather I stated that I thought that you jumped on what Gust had to say... with a bit too much haste.

Second... Who would have a chance to ask the question without you jumping down their neck?
You are correct. Next time I will wait at least 1 business day before replying to a thread I have read.

Quote:
And third... why should anyone be answerable to you?
Public forum. Nobody is forcing you to create witty retorts to the drivel I spew.

Quote:
Fact is you don't want that question asked let alone answered and THAT does more to harm Alberta and Alberta business than actually engaging in frank discussion ever would.
Maybe its the elephant in the room.
Maybe that question needs to be asked.... otherwise why resent it?
Yes that’s a fact! Wait... um. Actually I was looking for some facts in regards to a statement by another member.

Quote:

We are beginning to see that the Oil and Gas Industry has been dirtier than most in Alberta and more and more folks are beginning to realise it.
Source? Reference? What have we begun to see?

Quote:
In that light I would offer this...
According to your ilk... Alberta is all about Oil and Gas.
Alberta would be nothing without it.
It is the largest employer in Alberta and destined to save Canada from DOOM...etc etc.
If that is so...it natuarally follows that the question of bigotry in that industry not only should be asked but actually MUST be asked.
Okay. So ask it? Perhaps in the same post that you are asking about bigoted Oilmen perhaps you can give us a back story about this racism you have experienced, heard of, read about, dreamed about or saw painted on the door of a bathroom stall.

So far I am seeing you shining a light into a closet and finding clothing not skeletons.

So, after the long winded response to your long winded response:

What in the wide wide world of sports are you trying to say, ask, describe, figure out!????