View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnyg313 View Post
So I have a couple questions as I need to get one of these traps for the black and white bastards in my back acreage.

Is it true that skunks can’t spray if they can’t lift their tail in the trap?

What’s the best way of disposing of such a critter?

J/g313 ... we had a skunk problem back in 2013, the Town had one for residents to use but there was a waiting list, we bought the identical one at UFA, I understand Peavey Mart also sell them.

Yes skunks can spray down and they will if they are threatened, attacked or being shot they don't need to lift their tail. That said not one has ever sprayed while in the trap even when it's being transported in the back of my SUV for release.

If you decide to release them do it later in the evening in tall grass or heavy bush & not on a bright sunny day because they won't come out of the trap, something I know.

This style of trap is one of the best made, I cover the plexiglass window with a towel & the skunk can't see you, & they quiet right down. If you choose to fill a container similar to the custom box with water and put a brick on top so it doesn't float, after 15-20 minutes there will be some skunk release in the water when you dump it out. I would recommend not to do this on pavement it hangs around for a couple days. I use the garden hose to clean it up & out as they have pee'd & pooped in the trap over night.

I will leave release/disposal up to your good judgement.

Trust this helps.

D.