Thread: Beaver Lake
View Single Post
Old 05-06-2008, 02:59 PM

I flyfish because i love it..... To me it is a wonderful way to fish and I enjoy it thoroughly....But to be a snob about it is petty....

My Dad loves to baitfish..... when we were fishing the river and he was pulling out 5+lb rainbows and I was missing 5+lb rainbows (they weren't takin') he could not understand why I wanted to continue flyfishing... I said i would rather catch nothing on a fly today than a fish on bait today!.....

Hard to understand except when you are a flyfisher.....

When it comes to fishing I encourage all legal means of fishing.... i was not born a fly fisher and only started 5 years ago..... Sometimes we become so wrapped up in ourself and our methodology and our own private ethics we forget that others enjoy the same thing in a different way!....

many guys think walleye are the ultimate, others pike, others etc..

i enjoy trout on a fly. I have caught thousands of walley and pike but prefer trout. So I encourage all the walleye fishers to enjoy their fishing and I will enjoy mine and at the end of the day we can still talk about fishing over the campfire and still enjoy each others stories....

I have heard there are 4 stages of a fisher...
Stage 1: Catch as many fish as one can... happy with anything... use any method
Stage 2: go for big fish use best method for that fish
Stage 3: Go for challenging fish regardless of size where you have to be a master to get a strike, methodology chosen to create largest challenge
Stage 4: Teach someone else and re-njoy the stages with them

ust because someone else may be in a different stage or phase doesnot make them a better or worse fisher.... same with any other means of enjoying the outdoors.... just be legal, courteous, respectful, friendly, and enjoy it and we will all get along!....

Some people choose not to fish... that does not make them bad....until they mess with my right to fish!...because they shoose not to fish... when we try to force our ethics on others is when conflict arises.