View Single Post
Old 09-14-2014, 01:51 PM

I normally take fish home whole and clean them there, mostly because there are normally more than one (girlfriends/sons/my own limit etc). We only had the one fish this time and figured it would be simpler to clean it at the cleaning station that was available. We even washed the counter and the station cleaning brush, leave is as we found it.

We had stayed at the campground earlier in the summer and cleaned fish at the station, was checked by a parks officer then aswell. How is it unlawful to eat a verified legal fish at home a half hour drive from the lake in comparison to the campsite?

Stubblejumper, the fish was verified legal, that's where the issue is, the only thing I did wrong was not eat the fish at the campground. It's a ridiculous rule in the regulations. What if you went camping at the lake and brought frozen filleted fish from home to have a fish fry, now is that an offense too? Sounds like it would be...

Any way, I've vented enough on here about this, good luck fishing and hunting this fall and winter fellas.