View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 07:39 AM

Default Snow goose chase was on

Covered two provinces over the last few days, sheet water and high gas prices in both, the first day was nothing but driving, we found birds at 1 min past light, so we could not make good judgment on the field ,it was corn. talked with farmer said they been there all day.355am lets get to it ,get out to field by 425 and said wow we only got a hr to set .take out atv and we did a run into field to find a dry hill, with in 5 min buddy goes thru a snow bank and gets stuck. that ate up about 15 min. so we only got into field about 100 yards and only set up 200 decoys, birds started to come into field so I took of to move the truck , started my walk back and here comes some, we tuc into the ditch and wait them out they had come off some sheet water in a field to the north, I raise up and drop a triple, the game is on .. the pup who is 11 months now ,and was in boot camp this month got them all with ease .,She broke into full heat this last week and is marking every rock and grass she smells.

we might have only had 150 birds come to field that morn but we shot ok.

looking for more fields and even the goat was looking for action. was quite vocal to the little female in heat.

we did some pass shooting and getting a shoot for morning..

Best field was about 2000 birds in it , but only 100 came in the next day.

url=https://postimg.cc/image/j3umxr2ev/][/url]

OH THE MUD.. top half inch was muck and could not get a decoy stake into frozen ground without some heavy pushing

Seemed we had a head WIND everywhere we went. the best tank of gas was 34.5lt per 100 , gas was from 1.14and as high as 1.28..yesterday was a joke,,hard to put a $110.00 bucks in fuel and look down and it says you can go 233 km before empty..... Cant wait for next weekend.

LIFE IS TO SHORT TO HAVE AN UGLY LOOKIN DOG .....GET A LAB