View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeGuy View Post
When I was in Ontario this summer, I hit up a couple of my old haunts and was surprised to see that signs had been installed at many of the road access spots by a local conservation organization.
They stated the regs, had pictures of the fish you were likely to catch and encouraged fishermen to catch and release.
Considering the amount of traffic some spots in alberta get, for example at the forks, spots along the NSR, the bow etc etc
The cost to erect a sign is a small price.
Many years ago signs where put up, paid for by private clubs, they don't last long. There are some new ones posted on the North west streams that I've seen that where put there in the spring. Many many are badly damaged, torn down or defaced. Its as if they take them down then they don't have to follow the regs. Rather disgusting.

When I was in BC this summer I fished a favorite lake that has a no barbed hooks sign that has to be 40 years old with no damage, just weathered.

My blog - casting on the waters

fishing regulations and facts on fish handling
Fishing Regulations